Tuesday, January 29, 2008



So i totally just stole this picture from Brit, but i had to! :) {thanks brit!}

This picture is what i always picture when i think of President Hinckley. I had many opportunities to go to conferences and devotionals at the conference center, and this is how he said hello and goodbye. a great smile and wave of the cane {the smile in this picture is one of the smaller ones I've seen!}. i even saw him jokingly poke people with his cane :) he was always so positive! if people who don't know him always just see the serious pictures of him {like in my post below}...they really wont get a feel for him. he was so upbeat and positive! he was a wonderful person to be in the presence of! There is no way you could be near him {be it, 100 rows away!} and not feel hopeful. i encourage you to go to Britni's blog and read the quotes she has posted. for now, i will steal one of these too :)

"I come to you tonight with a plea that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we try to 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort." (Be Not Afraid, Only Believe)

and a line from another: "Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you." (How Can I Become the Woman of Whom I Dream?)

It's amazing how he would always speak directly to me :)

No comments: