Wednesday, January 23, 2008

sugar cookies

What i wouldn't give for one of my sugar cookies right now. but i am sick {probably because my immune system was down because i have been eating too much junk...such as my sugar cookies! but that's another post...} and don't feel like cooking. plus, these cookies are good right after they are made, but spectacular the 2nd day. so making them tonight wouldn't help me. it would only give me a ton of cookies to eat tomorrow...which wouldn't help me feel better!
But if anyone else is interested in an {easy} melt-in-your-mouth heavenly treat...here is the secret for soft and chewy...


Sugar Cookies
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c. sour cream {key ingredient to soft sugar cookies}
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 c. flour

Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add sour cream, then the dry ingredients. Roll out, cut, bake, and eat! Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.
Let cookies cool before frosting...

once you have the cookies mixed, you will probably think you need to add more flour. don't. for the melt in your mouth goodness the next day...don't. just flour your rolling pin {and surface, of course}. and i always roll them thicker than i think the average person would. it might call for an extra minute in the oven, but its worth the chew! they wont seem done when you take them out...but they will continue to stiffen as they cool.
mix some powdered sugar with an egg white, add a few drops of lemon juice...and you have yourself some great frosting too!

enjoy

2 comments:

Playful Professional said...

I've got an amazing no fail recipe for sugar cookies, but for some reason I continue to try others. Maybe I'll try this one out. By the way the link is... http://www.readthescriptures.com/ and the girl's blog is Virginia is for Lovers on my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Yes; all of such a beautiful family needs to be in the picture. And, your taste is suppurb...Ashley is the BEST!